Saturday,23 September 2017

CID is yet to take up probe in Miyapur land scam


Telangana News

CID is yet to take up probe in Miyapur land scam

2017-07-23 22:46:25

CID is yet to take up probe in Miyapur land scam

 

 

 

(The News Bureau)

After much hubbub in connection with over Rs 10,000 crore land registration scam in Miyapur, it appears there is no seriousness left in the government on bringing the culprits to book for obvious reasons.

Though the chief miniser had announced that the case has been transferred to Crime Investigation Department (CID), the probe agency is yet to re-register the case or take up investigation almost one month after the scam surfaced.

However, none of the top brass in the police department is ready to go on record on the reasons behind the CID not taking up the case. However, some officials admit in private conversation that the purpose of the rulers has been served with the announcement of CID probe.

Though rights over 693 acres of government lands worth over Rs 10,000 crore were transferred in the name of some private persons working under the guidance of Goldstone Group chief P S Prasad, no effort has been made to track him down so far, sources said.

Further, the two accused – P S Parthasarathy and PVS Sharma secured bail from the Supreme Court and are out from prison. Yet, the government simplly written off the matter contending that the government land is intact while the truth is that most of the government lands are still under encroachment of private people.

Even the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) searches at the sub-registrar offices were withdrawn after the officials of the stamps and registration department threatened with non-cooperation.

Neither the CID nor the ACB are keen on going ahead with the probe into the Miyapur land scam since powerful businessmen, one media baron and some politicians from the ruling party are hand-in-glove with the land sharks, a senior official said on condition of anonymity.

Apart from the two persons from the Goldstone Group, two sub-registrars and a couple of others, there would be no more arrests and no more action against anyone in connection with Miyapur land scam, the official said adding the case has been pushed into cold storage for now.

 

 

 

Add a Comment

Your Name Your Email Website (not required) Comment Body

CID is yet to take up probe in Miyapur land scam

2017-07-23 22:46:25

 

 

 

(The News Bureau)

After much hubbub in connection with over Rs 10,000 crore land registration scam in Miyapur, it appears there is no seriousness left in the government on bringing the culprits to book for obvious reasons.

Though the chief miniser had announced that the case has been transferred to Crime Investigation Department (CID), the probe agency is yet to re-register the case or take up investigation almost one month after the scam surfaced.

However, none of the top brass in the police department is ready to go on record on the reasons behind the CID not taking up the case. However, some officials admit in private conversation that the purpose of the rulers has been served with the announcement of CID probe.

Though rights over 693 acres of government lands worth over Rs 10,000 crore were transferred in the name of some private persons working under the guidance of Goldstone Group chief P S Prasad, no effort has been made to track him down so far, sources said.

Further, the two accused – P S Parthasarathy and PVS Sharma secured bail from the Supreme Court and are out from prison. Yet, the government simplly written off the matter contending that the government land is intact while the truth is that most of the government lands are still under encroachment of private people.

Even the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) searches at the sub-registrar offices were withdrawn after the officials of the stamps and registration department threatened with non-cooperation.

Neither the CID nor the ACB are keen on going ahead with the probe into the Miyapur land scam since powerful businessmen, one media baron and some politicians from the ruling party are hand-in-glove with the land sharks, a senior official said on condition of anonymity.

Apart from the two persons from the Goldstone Group, two sub-registrars and a couple of others, there would be no more arrests and no more action against anyone in connection with Miyapur land scam, the official said adding the case has been pushed into cold storage for now.